Skip to main content

This smile cost me $1500

Bean and I returned the borrowed Honda and got back on the public bus for the month of September. We made the most of it, but twice a day I dreaded bumping into the smiling driver who made me pay for the boy's fare as well as mine. Each day I carried $7 to $9 in change with me so I could pay for us both. I was getting tired, and equally tired of relying on my sweetheart to drive me around for errands each weekend.

So I got the Ford fixed, and it cost me $1500. In the three days since I got the car back, I've had a serious smile on my face :) Does it ever feel good to be able to do things again.

For example, Bean was up half the night with an earache. I got through to a doctor's office that is part of our Family Health Team, and they said they had an appointment available in forty-five minutes. There was no way we could get to the south end of town on the bus, but since we have the car back I was able to accept the appointment and get there just in time. If we didn't have the car, getting to an appointment would have been a whole-day affair.

Last night I was able to drive myself to a union meeting, where 54% voted to ratify the agreement on the table. So the smile stays because now I won't have to go on strike. Aside from Bean getting sick, this has been a pretty good week.

Seriously, Karissa

Comments

  1. I couldn't agree more. If I had to drive to work instead of taking public transportation, it'd be an hour and a half of a commute instead of 10 minutes. SERIOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.