Skip to main content

What is Free?

There's a lot of talk about freedom in my neck of the woods these past few days, but I'm going to try to keep it simple and mention a couple of cool free things that have come my way the past couple of weeks.

There is of course the car, a great little Honda Civic that is serving us nicely around town. I say a prayer of thanks every time I get into it.

I've been offered another car for no charge: my sweetheart has a Saturn that is not highway-friendly and he has been meaning to take care of it for over a year now. He said I can take it whenever I want to. The caveat is that it is manual so I will have to learn to drive standard. My "bucket list" (I really dislike that term) includes this skill so I think it is time to cross something else from the "list of things to do before I die" (my preferred title).

Finally, I was pleased to receive an email from Ms Single Mama requesting my snail-mail address, as I had commented on her offer to give away a free copy of Lori Gottlieb's Marry Him, which arrived at my door early last week. I have had only a few minutes to browse the introduction and I was especially pleased to see that the copy was signed by the author! I think this would be a good book to take with me to the beach this weekend but I don't want my sweetheart to think I'm dropping hints.

The mere thought of having a wedding sends me into fits and rants but I'll save that for another post.

Seriously, Karissa

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    I call my list my "life list". It's a little more positive sounding. :-) Good luck learning to drive standard!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.