Skip to main content

Post-sick blues

It's been over a week since the cold symptoms first appeared. The illness peaked over the weekend, and I'm now starting to feel a little bit like myself again.

It was just a bad cold. But what it has left behind is a general feeling of apathy and lethargy and I don't like that at all.

I'm so busy at work but I'm not complaining because I love my job and the people I work with. It's just a matter of staying organized and keeping all the plates balanced in the air for the next couple of months. It's hard, because we know that there will be news this summer about what the administration is going to do about a several million dollar budget shortfall. I feel secure that my seniority in the union will keep me safe, but I would not want to have to move to another department, or to see any changes made to the one I'm in now if I get to stay.

It all makes me feel so helpless.

I'm still motivated to eradicate my debt by the end of 2010. In fact, I'm even more inspired because if there is a change to my income it will be even more important to be debt-free.

However I am also feeling uninspired, because it's still at least a couple of weeks before I can change any of the totals in my accounts. What do I do in the meantime? I certainly can't shop ...

In the spirit of keeping my grocery bills low, I made an amazing vegetable and bean stew, using only ingredients from my cupboard and fridge. I had a lot of produce to use up from the community food box. The stew turned out quite good: chick peas, lentils, potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, onion, garlic, carrots ... I seasoned it with vegetable stock powder, cumin and garam masala. It wasn't as spicy as I would have liked but I wanted Bean to like it too. He wouldn't eat it at first, but when I fed him a spoonful he said "yum!" and then had two or three more bites. Success!


Seriously,
Karissa


Comments

  1. That stew sounds awesome! Please post your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will have it published as soon as I can.